Nursery Project #5: Recovering a nursery glider
I finished the glider! It took about a week of sewing and wrinkling my nose, finger pricks and being best friends with my seam ripper…but it is finally done.
I have more pictures to put up later as a mini-tutorial, but I thought I’d share the finished project.
As you can see above, I also made a little yellow and white chevron pillow cover for a lumbar pillow to go with the theme.
I did my best to match up the fabric at the seams, but obviously did not do so perfectly. For the most part, however, I did manage to at least match up the main vertical lines.
I was worried about how I would handle the hardware from the original cushions, but I borrowed Ashley from Lil Blue Boo’s idea and made little slip covers for the straps, so I could use the original hardware.
Next step: need to scotch guard the whole chair, because I know there will be lots of milk (and other goodies) spilling on it very soon (We are 37 weeks and 4 days and counting!)