Dr Seuss Shirt!
I recently bought some really fun Dr. Seuss fabric to make some cool surgeon’s caps for L (pictures of those to come!), and had a little bit left over of each. I think it was a little less than 1/4 yard each. So, I decided to make a fun little garment for R!
I started off thinking I would make a skirt, but as you can see, it turned into a shirt. Once all the pieces were together, there wasn’t enough fullness to make a good gather. Plus, I like the way this turned out!
Luckily, so does she!
As you can see I kept it pretty simple: I just put the pieces together, cut out arm holes, and then made a casing at the top to put double fold bias tape through. That’s pretty much it! Oh – I also finished the arm holes with bias tape. But that’s really it!
I think it took me about 30 minutes – definitely worth it!
I think the impromptu things I have made make me the happiest! It is so gratifying! Actually I take that back – watching R pick the shirt out to wear and over definitely makes me even happier!